This will vary depending on the particular type of beverage being served. Here are the general guidelines:
- 1 – 2 Months (some pasteurized beers will last twice as long)
- Will vary somewhat by particular style of beer
- Assuming its kept under CO2 at proper pressure and temperature
- 2 – 3 weeks
- Assuming its poured fresh out of the original, just opened container and kept at proper pressure on Argon gas
- Liquor and Most Liqueurs
- A really long time – again, assuming use of Argon gas, proper pressure and temperature are maintained
Probably worth a mention – even as the Wine aficionados turn up their nose at the thought of drinking “Wine on Tap”, but keeping Wine on Argon gas will significantly increase the shelf life vs. a day or two (if your lucky) from an opened bottle.
The Beer Gig can serve the following beverages (also showing recommended serving gas):
- Beer (CO2 – Nitrogen compatible regulator is also available)
- Wine (Argon)
- Liquor (Argon)
- Add some ice and you got Jack on the rocks on tap!
- Liqueur (Argon)
- This includes Fireball, Tuaca, Amaretto
- Can even chill down to 10ºF for Jägermeister shots!
- Mixed Drinks (Argon or CO2)
- Jack and Coke
- Old Fashioned
- …and at least 10,000 others!
- Non-Alcoholic (CO2)
- Root Beer
- Shirley Temple
A few rules of thumb to consider: CO2 will mix with the beverage and either maintain existing carbonation (as in the case of beer) or slowly carbonate the beverage over some extended period of time. Argon gas is inert and will not mix or impart any flavor into the serving beverage. This makes Argon perfect for Wine, Liquor and other beverages that would otherwise be negatively affected by CO2.
Also keep in mind that it is perfectly fine to use CO2 to drive just about any beverage in a pinch. So long as the beverage is readily consumed, the CO2 will simply not have time to adequately mix into solution….With that being said, most of us also believe that Wine out of a box tastes just fine! To put another way, if the Wine costs over $10/bottle better make sure its on Argon!
The Beer Gig has a full 3 year warranty, with a 5 year warranty on the compressor. Warranty is simple, if something goes wrong under normal use, we will fix it for free for the first 3 years. We will replace or repair the compressor for a full 5 years from date of purchase. The only thing you pay is shipping to us – we cover shipping to send it back to you.